It would be awesome if YAMM could...

Follow up in same message string

Following up in the same string would be great

Unfortunately it creates a disconnect when following up in a seperate email string like your post describes - https://sites.google.com/site/scriptsexamples/available-web-apps/mail-merge/documentation/email-delivery/follow-up

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jamie BedfordJamie Bedford commented  · 

If I'm understanding this feature request correctly, I think it would be great! I'd love to be able to reply to my original message in bulk (rather than having to send a separate follow-up). Sending a separate follow-up both loses the content from the original thread, and also seems less "individualized" / genuine. Plus, replying to the original thread bounces it in the recipients' inboxes so that they can see that they received a previous message already.

I'd generally use it to send a message to recipients who had not Responded, as a way of checking in with them.

Perhaps the user could create a draft email with "Re: " appended to the front of the original email Subject so that YAMM would know what to do with it?

So, if original Subject line was "A great offer for you!" (or something), then the follow-up to send to the same thread might be "Re: A great offer for you!".

Ideally the reply would retain the content from the original message (but I guess with the original pixel tracker removed?) so that content need not be duplicated.

Feedback and Knowledge Base