It would be awesome if YAMM could...

Attachments

Would like the ability to add different attachments to recipients when sending merge. At the moment I have to upload a file to docs and then copy a shared link, is there a faster way.

204 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Leslie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mike G. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can YAMM send an email with an attached copy of a PDF created by Form Publisher upon submission of a Google Form? I'm pretty sure that I could do that in the past but can't seem to master it now. I want to use the special formatting available in YAMM which is not available in Form Publisher.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Instead of having to copy and paste is it possible to have any of the following options

Be able to run a rule based on a value in a specific column that matches the name of the file in a specific google drive folder

It would be cool,+1

Instead of having to copy and paste is it possible to have any of the following options

1) A drop down in the column goes in place of coping and pasting a url
        2) or be able to run a rule based on a value in a specific column that matches the name of the file in a specific google drive folder

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Attachment column works like a charm... Thanks & keep improving the start of great product.

The attachments are being converted to PDF, is there a way to use the same format of the file? e.g. xlsx?

• AdminRomain Vialard (Creator & Product Manager, Yet Another Mail Merge) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear users,

As a reminder, this page has been built for specific feature requests, which will help us to prioritize the implementation of new functionalities into YAMM.

Therefore, if you have any troubles using the add-on, we would kindly invite you to consult first our documentation: https://sites.google.com/site/scriptsexamples/available-web-apps/mail-merge/documentation
        If you still need help, please address all your issues to our support team (support@yet-another-mail-merge.com) and we will try our best to provide you assistance.

Thank you!

• David Moren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Similarly w/ multiple attachments, I ran into a couple issues:
        1) I was hoping to include a JPG (tried embedding/uploading and attaching) as well as a PDF. If I tried sending myself a test first - or if I started/exited the merge more than once - the JPG would show up as an attachment once for every time I started/exited.
        2) The JPG wasn't visible in the test email - gave me that "Images are not displayed. Display images below" option but then image link was broken.

Ultimately, I had to ditch the JPG just to be safe and only included the PDF. :-/

• Nestor Fernandez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way to add multiple attachments? I tryed diferets ways.. coma separated, ; separated and it didnt work.

• Lawrence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have say 500 different attachments to be sent to 500 recipients. Copying and pasting each link from Google Drive is tedious, mind numbing, and error prone. A feature that automatically selects or copies the link to the file to be attached will be much appreciated.

• Gary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

works well as an attachment, but can you do the same thing attaching inline?

Personalization of attachments is a must. I'm using AutoCrat right now, but would rather use YAMM! Please add this feature, thank you!

auto matching of personalized attachment (e.g.: auto attach file name 123.pdf while email subject contains the word 123), would make yamm more perfect!

• Roberto Diana (xtorey) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What happen if I create a draft mail with an attachment of a video. I need to send to my students using this add-on. I try with a pdf and work fine, but no with a big file.

It would be helpful if we could either "personalize" the attachments by changing the text of the attachment, or including a different attachment depending on the recipient.

← Previous 1

Feature requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base